Do you want to share your expertise, connect with peers and customers, and advance your company and personal profile? Submit a session to the InfoComm 2019 Call for Presenters (CFP).
AVIXA is currently accepting proposals from volunteers for non-commercial seminars and workshops. Leading one of these vendor-neutral sessions gives you an opportunity to reach a large audience while building a reputation for objective expertise. Learn more about target themes, audiences, and hot topics on the InfoComm 2019 show website.
- Seminars: 1 hour, 1.5 hours, or 2 hours
- Workshops: 4 hours
Deadline: September 14, 2018
Notification: Submitters will be notified whether they are invited to present a vendor-neutral session at InfoComm 2019 by December 2018. If your submission is selected, AVIXA will schedule your session. You will have the opportunity to accept the session schedule or request a new time when you respond to the invitation to present. All seminars and workshops will take place June 11 – 14 at the InfoComm 2019 tradeshow in Orlando, FL.
Submissions for Manufacturers’ Training will open on October 1, 2018 - April 15th, 2019.
Tips for Successful Submission
- Tailor your submission to the InfoComm 2019 theme and vertical market focuses
- Focus on real-world skills and real-life applications
- List any tools and resources you plan to give your attendees
- Tell us how you’ll make your session memorable
- Submit a session that promotes your own products or services – such sessions should be submitted as Manufacturers’ Training in October.
- Ask for the wrong amount of time – long or short, the timeframe must be suitable for the scope
In the 2019 CFP you’ll be asked about your instructional style:
- The presenter will deliver a lecture-style presentation, with limited Q&A (time permitting)
- The presenter will lead a blended lecture and discussion, with audience interaction or Q&A comprising at least a quarter of the session
- The presenter will facilitate a discussion or activity, with audience discussion, interaction, or activities comprising at least half of the session
If your session is selected, your answer to this question will inform the room set for your seminar. Please note that the third option, facilitated discussion or activity, is broadly considered the most effective instructional style for adult learners.